You are a professional with finance and information technology experience who brings a business and customer-focused approach to your work. You’re a high-potential person who wants to learn and have the opportunity for career growth. You wish to re-energize with a challenging new career experience that draws upon all of your background, knowledge and endless desire to learn.
If you want to put your strong finance, IT and communications skills to work by helping a fast-growing professional services firm with clients operating in multiple industries and sectors through Stratford Group, a North America-wide management consulting firm, has the perfect opportunity for you to take the next step in your career.
You are an operationally proficient finance and IT professional with a professional services background. You’re seeking a new and challenging position that draws upon your background and capabilities, as well as providing you with development opportunities as you grow in the role.
Your IT experience and technical aptitude will allow you to manage our outsourced IT provider. This role provides interested parties with the opportunity to broaden your leadership role within a growing consulting practice.
Your new business card: Director of Finance & IT
Your role: Reporting directly to the CFO, you will leverage the breadth of your experience as you work with the Stratford team, our clients and compliance agencies to ensure the execution of all finance and IT functions, including annual operating and strategic plans. You will also be assisting with the preparation of monthly financial statements on a timely basis. In addition, you will help drive the budgetary process and help manage the IT function and our external service provider. You have strong customer service capabilities, excellent communication and analytical skills, and have a desire to take on more responsibilities and grow with our organization.
The work: You have a thirst to learn and continue to develop your capabilities as a Finance and IT leader in order to provide increased value to the organization. You have strong business acumen and can ‘add value’ to the numbers by identifying trends, likely outcomes, concerns, and opportunities. You will have a process improvement mentality and look for ways to make the company more efficient and effective.
As a dynamic and versatile professional, you are able to address tight deadlines and a multitude of finance activities with enthusiasm and precision. You embrace being responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting, including but not limited to:
· Oversee month-end close
· Oversee bank and balance sheet reconciliation process
· Evaluate margins for all customer categories
· Assist with material expenditure review and analysis
· Timely preparation and delivery of financial statements
· Preparation of forecasts and associated analysis
· Oversee various reporting (including reports to government agencies and the bank)
· Help drive the budgetary process and provide innovative ideas on how the process and tools could be improved
· Lead the year-end financial statement process
· Oversee all government filing and remittances
· Oversee the IT function and ensure appropriate controls are in place while working with our external service provider
· Gain an understanding of the current business systems and processes in each of the business units and assist in addressing any challenges through innovative/creative solutions
· Assist in the development of a cybersecurity policy and process
· Work with the current budgetary and forecast tools and help with the enhancement of the tools (This may include integrations of these tools).
· Oversee the activities of the Senior Accountant
· Oversee timely payments to all vendors
· Oversee timely cash receipts and constant improvement in DSO
· Oversee the mitigation risk of fraud relating to supplier banking info changes
· Manage cash flow balances to minimize borrowing costs
· Assist with the processing of bi-monthly payroll and administer employee benefits package
· Work in a multi-currency environment
The role will also include managing our Information Technology function. You will be the interface between the business – identifying and understanding priorities and needs – and our outsourced IT provider.
This unique opportunity would be ideal for somebody with aspirations to be a Corporate Services executive down the road.
· College diploma or University degree with a focus on finance and IT
· A minimum of 7 years of experience in accounting or finance
· A professional accounting designation – CPA, CGA with an IT specialization is preferred
· Experience in a professional services firm
· Demonstrated ability to drive efficiency and effectiveness
· Experience with recurring revenue services would be an asset.
· Good knowledge of finance concepts and principles
· Strong knowledge of QuickBooks, Excel, and Windows applications
About us: Stratford Group is a multi-practice management consulting and professional services firm that helps organizations grow, improve and transform. Because of the variety of practice areas within our firm, there is rarely a problem that we can’t solve for our clients. Stratford is led by accomplished practice leaders who are experts in their field and experienced practitioners. Unlike traditional consulting firms, Stratford Group goes beyond typical analysis and recommendations. We provide pragmatic, actionable solutions to client problems that draw upon our extensive operational experience. We thrive when we roll up our sleeves and lean in to implement those solutions. As a result, our client relationships tend to be for the long term. Stratford helps our clients achieve their potential by ensuring our consultants achieve theirs. We are dedicated to the success of our consultants through our mentoring, business infrastructure, and marketing and sales support. Stratford is a platform for building fulfilling consulting careers.
To see a few of the talented people, you’ll be working with, visit https://stratford.group/meet-the-team/
Send your CV to: Norm Paquette